Friday, September 9, 2011

Agenda September 9

1 Journal 9 Metric Measuring - Distance
2 WS Metric Mania 2 Distance due Wednesday Sept 14

Miniatures Club today will include an introduction to an "antique" video game. I read an article in a game magazine which asked the question, "Why are there no antique video games?". It got me to thinking about my favorite old games and, given my new found "skills" at looking things up on the internet, was able to (re)find M. U. L. E. Turns out this game was the inspiration for many other games through time and friends of the game have put it online for free. It speaks to the generous nature of programmers who program for the fun and acclaim and not necessarily the profit. I know, how naive. This has me looking for other "labors of love". Maybe "Turtles" is still out there.

Also, my mom is now an official follower. Huzzah