Friday, August 31, 2012

Agenda August 31

1 Journal 5 How to do Constructing Meaning
2 Continue Journal 4 Chapter 1 Vocabulary
3 Journal 6 Chapter 1 Constructing Meaning due Friday, Sept. 7

The second full moon in a month is called a blue moon.  Tonight is a blue moon.  Once in a blue moon people come along that are quiet and considered but have great impact on the world around us.  Yesterday, a man named Leigh Weimers, a former columnist for The San Jose Mercury News and community commentator, passed away.  His insightful commentary on the local news station KLIV was a joy to listen to and while I never met him, it was comforting to know that he and I espoused some of the same causes. 

Miniatures Club - I am looking at purchasing some WWI aeroplanes from Shapeways.com.  This is the 3D printing company I bought some planes from last year.  I am looking at rounding out our collection of regular planes and adding some esoteric ones and some multi engined bombers.  If you see something you think we should have, let me know. Look for the designers: kampfflieger  and colinwe.  Matt, they do not have SPAD XII's yet.