Thursday, September 28, 2017

Agenda Thursday September 28

1 Check J17 CH2 Pre Reading
2 Activity Heterogeneous to Homogeneous mixtures
3 Make up test day today after school
4 CH1 Test on Scientific Method etc tomorrow

Here is a puzzle.  If I bought an iPod and it is now non updateable (obsolete) and they didn't tell me that it would be non updatetable when I bought it, should I get my money back?  How is it that I can still use an record player but not a more current working device?
Here is a not dissimilar puzzle.  Student testing is done by computer so that the students are given harder questions as they get more correct.  As a result, test scores are flattening.  "Experts" are saying that in order for students to improve on the tests, they will need to be taught in a different manner, that we may need to redo they way we teach teachers to teach, and that teachers with 20 years experience may not be able to teach students in the ways they need to be taught to do better on the tests.  [an aside is that I noticed there was no mention of removing the high stakes testing].  So when I got my credential, I wasn't told I would be nonupdateable.