Thursday, February 12, 2015

Agenda February 12

1 Test Acids and Bases

We had a nice meeting with the Fremont HS Biology teachers yesterday.  I appreciate their move to grading rubrics since I know those are difficult.  I was sorry to see them drop the standard lab report format.  Their reasoning related to the AP Biology Test questions and what that test looks for.  I think that being able to describe how to do an experiment has other applications in life such as cooking, raising children, and asking for a raise.
Today the FHS and HHS counselors met with 8th graders which threw off the morning schedule.  Tomorrow there is a drama assembly for 8th graders which also throws off the schedule.  Students will need to make their own arrangements to make up today's test.
Yesterday was my wife's birthday.  We went to Scratch in Mountain View.  Castro St is really a jumpin' place mid week.