Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years

Hey all,
It is after the New Year's Day. The Family had a nice vacation.
We started with my daughters joining me at school for the first day of Aerodrome. My oldest ran a tutorial session for 10 fledgling fliers. Matt came too.
The next day (Saturday), my wife and oldest went to look at property in Sonoma again. Found something near Sonoma Academy and we are checking on it.
Monday was the traditional trip to Valley Fair. It turns out that there are many arcane rituals that go with this tradition. I find that strange as I was the one who started the tradition and wasn't aware of most of them. Sure there is the "selling of the parking place" and the "visit to Victoria's Secret" as well as "Lunch" and "See's Candy" but others such as "we have to get to the mall when it opens" and "trying on clothes to see if they fit mom" and the ever popular "wrestle with my sister in a public place" were ones I wasn't aware were actual "traditions".
We had 2 trees this year. One in the entry way (13 feet tall) and one in the front window from the front yard (Very thin and light weight and airy and Charlie Brownish).
Christmas Eve at our friend Roger's church and dinner at Il Fornio this year. Christmas Day was spent around the fireplace and the tree. Thanks to neighbor Ericka, the cat, Oliver could also spend Christmas with us. We left for Southern California on the 26th so Oliver would have had to go to the kennel on the 24th (Sunday and holiday interfering with cat drop off) Christmas Day dinner with the Edrington's.
We managed to leave some time around 1PM on Sunday to head south. Kim and Katharyn drove. We got to my mom's for a Christmas dinner and then headed to Huntington Beach.