Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

This vacation has been very full. The Miniatures Club had a good turn out for the December 23rd game day. After some intense hunting and gathering Christmas style, my family went to Christmas Eve services and then to dinner in downtown San Jose. We then saw Christmas in the Park which was very nice at night. My youngest daughter and I went to Tecate, Mexico as part of an organization called Club Dust (www.clubdust.org). Our group of 260 people built 11 houses for people much less fortunate then we are. The group also gave out over 1000 shoes and huge amount of food. As a result of the rains that hit the area, I will be experimenting with ice plant propagation for erosion control for next year.
The Rose Bowl is on now and my family has committed to help me clean my classroom for a little while tomorrow.
I look forward to seeing all of you on Monday.